Cutback Western Saddle
We call it a “Cutback western saddle” because of the short skirts and undercut swells. We have removed excess skirting front and back, making the saddle lighter and shorter. This is great for a short backed horse or for riders who just like a small saddle for looks, lightness, and horse maneuverability. Our Cut Back saddle has a modified version of traditional western saddle swells; they are undercut to allow the rider to move ahead an inch or so in the seat. The rider sits closer to the base of the withers, allowing them a balanced ride, in-sync with the horse’s center of balance. This provides a more secure seat for the rider and helps the horse carry the rider.
Traditional styling makes our Cut Back saddles suitable for most western riding disciplines and are comfortable enough to ride in all day out on the trail. It could be the most comfortable saddle you and your horse will ever own!
1) Measure your horse: Click here to order the 3D equine back profiling system.
2) Pay the deposit: Click on, “Add to Cart” button below
3) Select your saddle options: Click on, “Create Your Custom Saddle” button below
The saddle price may not be representative of the saddles pictured.
• 14″ seat – 8.5″ thigh, cut back swells 10″- approx saddle length 24″, bare tree bar length 19″.
• 15″ seat – 9.5″ thigh, cut back swells 11″ – approx saddle length 25″, bare tree bar length 20″.
• 16″ seat- 10.5″ thigh, cut back swells 12″ – approx saddle length 26″, bare tree bar length 21″.
• 17″ seat – 11.5″ thigh, cut back swells 13″ – approx saddle length 27″, bare tree bar length 22″.
All saddles come with:
• Shop built, made to measure tree
• Adjustable cable rigging
• Shimmable bar pads
• Turned stirrups
• Adjustable (forward or back) stirrup/fender
• Shimmable seat
• Saddle strings
• 5-year tree and workmanship warranty
• Weight approximately 22 lbs (Endurance and English are approx 16 lbs)
• Choice of cantle finish, horn style, skirts, swells, conchos, stirrups and leather colours
• Optional border stamping, leather tooling or trophy lettering
|Dimensions||65 × 45 × 45 cm|